Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Official launch...

I could keep this blog under wraps forever until I thought I'd written all of the types of posts I wanted, but then, what's the point?

So here we go...

As you'll  see below, the topics range from fairly technical/specialized to very mundane; I hope to keep up that mix and to incorporate the types of posts that relate most closely to the title -- an assessment of the newer urtext/critical editions of orchestra rep relative to each other and to the traditional editions. I've been doing this as a part of my performance preparation for some time now but haven't  documented my findings/opinions in a systematic manner. If all goes as planned, this blog should become a decent resource for conductors looking for information about the editions available and whether it's worth spending the money to upgrade from that ratty old Dover or Kalmus reprint they've been using.

That's the plan... but who knows what will happen? Check back from time to time and find out!

No comments: